You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i phone 13 wallpaper turning black

why is my wallpaper screen turning black in ios16

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 5:10 PM

1 reply

Dec 7, 2022 5:15 PM in response to healthyoptions

Hi there healthyoptions,

That is a strange thing to occur, and we'd like to rule out some possible causes, along with confirming more details to better understand what's happening:

1. Did this occur after updating to iOS 16.0, or did it start to occur right after a different iOS 16 version was installed?
  2. What occurs if you test a different wallpaper, like one of the stock ones that's included in iOS 16?
  3. Does this occur after performing a specific action, using a certain app, etc.?
  4. Sometimes unexpected behavior can be resolved with a restart: Restart your iPhone
  5. You mentioned having iOS 16 installed, but the latest for your model is iOS 16.1.2. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. In case you needed it, this link shows how to first back up, then Update your iPhone or iPad.

Cheers!

i phone 13 wallpaper turning black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.