Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to reset apple ID rescue email address

i can’t access one of my device which is lost, because i cannot remember security questions, when i choose to reset it, it pops up a message not enough information available on your apple id. i have noticed my rescue email address is still pending on verification. can any one help solving this issue. thank you

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 9:01 PM

6 replies

Dec 6, 2022 8:20 AM in response to tahir247

Hello Tahir,

Read this document (and links inside it) about using security questions: Change your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support

Several years age Apple transitioned to using to two factor authentication instead of security questions. If you are still using security questions and have problems with them that are not addressed in that document then your only recourse is to see if at this stage you can change to two factor authentication as outlined in this article --> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support Then follow the instructions in the section "Turn on two-factor authentication for your Apple ID"

If you cannot sign up for two factor authentication, contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security using the information in this document --> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Dec 6, 2022 8:24 PM in response to tahir247

I am not optimistic. Unless you can prove, according to Apple's criteria which are not listed, that you are the account owner then they won't let you in. Apple has been using 2FA for several years now and has essentially ended support for people using security questions.

Apple used to have this in their security document Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support

"Without proof of your identity ... and other carefully selected criteria(1), Apple Support can't help you perform any actions on your account." They don't have that in there anymore but that doesn't mean anything has changed, just that they don't publish it -- or a statement to the contrary.

Dec 6, 2022 7:12 PM in response to tahir247

thank you for response. i have tried to upgrade security question and still pops up same message from Apple. i do have access of my recovery email but apple can not verify it and show pending status, i think thats the reason that nothing working out. is there any way of re-verification of an apple iD? i think thats the reason i can not reset security question. is there any way to attempt Verification of Rescue Email address ?

Dec 7, 2022 12:28 AM in response to Limnos

look, i can change my apple ID password any time, it works fine through my phone number and email. i have more then 4 devices synced with this apple ID. just spoke to apple CS and after long discussion they couldn't help resolving this issue and end with Complaint Report to higher authority dealing this kind of matters.

i think its a loop hole and should be resolved allowing user to make changes in apple ID. however, i am accessing my ID smoothly apart of this big facilitation failer

how to reset apple ID rescue email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.