Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Locked - I can't update apps

Hi -

I can't update some of my apps (WhatsApp, banking apps, etc) as it's sending a verification code to a phone I no longer have access to and the email address is my dads which I don't have access to either.

I'm going around in circles and it now says : "Apple ID Locked: Your Apple ID has been locked for security reaasons. To unlock it, you must verify your identity"

I know my Apple ID and password but it is asking for two step verification which I can't get access to so what can I do? Do I need to visit an Apple store?

Thanks for any advice.

Andrew

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 12:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 7:25 AM

Hello Andrew,

Read the articles 'Two-factor authentication for Apple ID' ( Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support ) and 'Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication' ( Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support ). Various sections contain information that is useful in understanding about the trusted devices (an iPhone, iPad, or Mac that Apple knows is yours) system, and how to get a verification code on a trusted device or at a telephone number.

You can look into adding more ways to get a code such as multiple telephone numbers where you can receive a text or a phone call. The document Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support tells you how to do this.

If you had set up an Account Recovery Contact ( Set up an account recovery contact - Apple Support ) you can get a code that way.

If you can’t sign in, access a trusted device, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. This article explains how to recover your Apple ID after a waiting period - How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2022 7:25 AM in response to andrewisawesome_2022

Hello Andrew,

Read the articles 'Two-factor authentication for Apple ID' ( Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support ) and 'Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication' ( Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support ). Various sections contain information that is useful in understanding about the trusted devices (an iPhone, iPad, or Mac that Apple knows is yours) system, and how to get a verification code on a trusted device or at a telephone number.

You can look into adding more ways to get a code such as multiple telephone numbers where you can receive a text or a phone call. The document Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support tells you how to do this.

If you had set up an Account Recovery Contact ( Set up an account recovery contact - Apple Support ) you can get a code that way.

If you can’t sign in, access a trusted device, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. This article explains how to recover your Apple ID after a waiting period - How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Apple ID Locked - I can't update apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.