Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Running out of application memory

I keep getting a box "Your system has run out of application memory", even when running NO applications. Makes doing anything very difficult!

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,4

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: 426.0.0.0.0

SMC Version (system): 2.29f24

Serial Number (system): C02Q25GNG8WN

Hardware UUID: 5516E241-37EC-5E06-B210-0483A99D44CA

MacOs Mojave 10.14.16

MacBook, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 5:19 AM

5 replies

Dec 9, 2022 3:30 AM in response to RogF

Sounds like maybe some failure is creating massive logs...

We need to see what all is running, a report from this will not display any personal info...

EtreCheck is a FREE simple little diagnostic tool to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. It will not display any personal info.

https://www.etrecheck.com/

Pastebin is a good place to paste the whole report if you capture the URL while there…

https://pastebin.com/

Workable but harder for me to work with...the Note tool on the bottom of this editor's toolbar, as shown in the image, to copy and paste the output from EtreCheck. In a Reply before you click post, look for this to add longer texts...

Dec 9, 2022 3:22 AM in response to BDAqua

Yes, I knew that - that was another problem: I was successfully deleting gigabytes of data, and in twenty minutes it was full again. I have now moved 90Gb off, and so far it's stayed off. But I am still getting occasional "run out of application memory" messages, though less frequently than before.

Running out of application memory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.