Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Run automations when screen is locked

I set up an automation to happen when any alarm goes off. Works great when I test it while the phone is open! However, if the phone screen is locked it won’t run.

I’ve obviously turned off the “ask before running” switch. I even tried disabling my passcode completely but it still asks me for permission to run when my alarm goes off! I tried adding an action to “go to home screen” first when the automation starts. It still creates a notification asking if I want to go to the home screen. There is no action to “unlock Home Screen”.

If a phone has to already be unlocked for an automation to work, what’s the point? If the phone screen is unlocked it means a person is currently holding the device and can run whatever they want manually.

I just don’t understand why it’s so impossible to set an alarm to a Spotify playlist on apple. You have to buy some third party app with bad reviews or choose a single song from Apple Music. I don’t want to choose one song. I want it to play a different song every morning so I don’t get sick of it and continue playing a full playlist as I get up. Android has the Spotify playlist option built right into their factory settings clock app.

Please help me run a simple automation any time the alarm goes off without me having to manually unlock the screen! I’m using ios16.1.1

iPhone 12

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 5:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 5:13 AM

Ok I figured out a pretty dumb solution but it’s simple and it works lol. I just changed my display to never turn off and while it was charging I just had it facedown but still open 🤷‍♀️

Similar questions

7 replies

Run automations when screen is locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.