Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music - Forced to have on lock screen

Hello all,

Long time reader first time poster (I think)

Please take this as a complaint of the way Apple are forcing their software on to the lock screen.

If this is the wrong place please let me know where to send in a complaint.

This unsolicited forced pushing of the Apple Music app on to the lock screen has been a problem for 5 years now as can be seen with the provided link at the end of this message. I have tried every conceivable method to attempt to stop this from happening, even to the point of turning off all features that are wanted but I am still forced to endure an app that takes up 50% of my lock screen when I don't want to have it open.

This also is being forced upon users that have HomePods at home and ask Siri on the HomePod to play music, you will again be forced to have the Apple Music app on the lock screen.

Please allow users to make the decision them selves if we want that option enabled. I have notifications turned off for the Apple Music app. It has come to the point where I just don't want to use any of your products because you are forcing the use of one of your products without asking the end user if they want that feature. Please understand that I live in the Apple ecosystem with a subscription to Apple Music but that does not mean I want to be forced to have your app open when you think it should be on the lock screen. It has become infuriating to have this happen.

I would like to point out the stupidity of this design that if you have multiple iOS devices, all devices will have the Apple Music app controls show up on the screen. I have all my devices sitting next to each other and they all have the Apple Music app forced on to the lock screen.

I have reset all devices

• turned off notifications
  • turned off AirPlay & Handoff
  • turned off Siri learn from this app
  • turned off Siri suggestions for this app

Absolutely nothing works.

I think there are a lot of people that would just like the option to not have this happen and allows those of us that would prefer to open the Apple Music app manually our selves and start it when we want to.

Thread from 2017

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8190196

Thanks.

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 3:55 PM

FYIThese are user-only forums. This is not Apple Support. if you need to contact Apple Support, then contact product and tech support: ➔ Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers. 

Furthermore, You can suggest this feature directly to Apple by leaving a product feedback here ➔Product Feedback - Apple 

Axel F.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2022 3:55 PM in response to PeterMav

FYIThese are user-only forums. This is not Apple Support. if you need to contact Apple Support, then contact product and tech support: ➔ Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers. 

Furthermore, You can suggest this feature directly to Apple by leaving a product feedback here ➔Product Feedback - Apple 

Axel F.

Apple Music - Forced to have on lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.