Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get Music off iPhone lock screen

I have a IPhone X. Yesterday, all of a sudden, the widget for Apple Music began appearing on the lock screen. It takes up most of the lock screen so new notifications are pushed down and barely visible without scrolling. I cannot figure out how to remove the widget from the lock screen. Any help would be appreciated.

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone X, iOS 11.2, null

Posted on Dec 7, 2017 4:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2018 12:12 PM

SOLVED - Yes, you are right. As soon as I "upgraded" to 11.2.6 the music widget was back. But I think though I have the answer now.

Go to settings>Face ID & Passcode - Go to "Allow Access when when locked" which is near the bottom and turn off 3 things - Today view, Control Centre and Reply with Message. It shows up if music is playing but disappears if the music is paused but only when it is paused when the phone is unlocked.

If this fails turn off Home Control as well.

User uploaded file

46 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2018 12:12 PM in response to S.Cremona

SOLVED - Yes, you are right. As soon as I "upgraded" to 11.2.6 the music widget was back. But I think though I have the answer now.

Go to settings>Face ID & Passcode - Go to "Allow Access when when locked" which is near the bottom and turn off 3 things - Today view, Control Centre and Reply with Message. It shows up if music is playing but disappears if the music is paused but only when it is paused when the phone is unlocked.

If this fails turn off Home Control as well.

User uploaded file

Jan 9, 2018 7:48 AM in response to Uddhabay

This video is the perfect answer to my problem, I recommend everyone watch it. I have my Music lock screen image removed now, and so I can see my beautiful puppy, instead. It is too bad Apple doesn't provide this information for us, and we had to go to YouTube for it. I wasted twenty minutes of my time going through their discussions site looking for a solution before findings this excellent response.

Thank you, Uddhabay!

Mar 26, 2018 11:34 AM in response to beeziie_

beeziie_ wrote:

I have tried everything that YouTube video showed, and everything all these users have mentioned, nothing works. I’ve restarted my phone multiple times and it still comes back. It’s extremely annoying, does anyone know if Apple is aware of this glitch?

You can let them know you're having a problem by submitting feedback here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Apr 9, 2018 5:37 PM in response to ernie289

ernie289 wrote:

Why are there no answers to this question??? If more than one person is complaining about this problem, why doesn't Apple come up with a solution?

This is a user-to-user forum. Apple's participation here is mostly limited to ensuring that people conform to the terms of use. If you want to let Apple know how you feel, use the feedback page:

Product Feedback - Apple

If you want to discuss the matter with Apple directly, use the Contact Support link at the top right of every page of the forums.

Feb 24, 2018 11:58 AM in response to Uddhabay

I did all of those as much as I could actually do it on iOS 9, which I am stuck on. I want the Music widget to actually show when I am playing music but not to show when I am not playing music. I never saw the today view

in the touch ID section I think that's what was doing it, i'm not sure which one was actually doing it, it has been driving me crazy.

Mar 25, 2018 7:39 PM in response to BatmanATL

That's the theory but it does not go away when you stop playing music. That's why everyone is complaining.

It stays there until you restart the phone. I have an iPhone X and this problem emerged after about 2 updates ago. Apple now uses us as its beta testers. As a result these boards are full of complaints about weird and stupid bugs like this one.

Apr 9, 2018 3:25 PM in response to twogatorz

I have used all the techniques in the YouTube video. I don’t even have Touch ID or a passcode enabled. When I turn on my car, it connects via Bluetooth, and when I disconnect the widget stays on my lock screen (forever and ever). The only fix is to restart my phone, which is highly annoying and totally unreasonable in my opinion. I hope Apple finds a true fix for this one.

May 4, 2018 10:16 AM in response to twogatorz

Finally found perm fix. Settings > General > scroll to the bottom and choose 'Reset' > choose the very top one 'Reset all Settings'. Make sure you DON'T choose 'Erase all content and settings.

Afterwards you will have to reset your wallpaper on your phone but otherwise should work fine. I have been in my car where my Bluetooth connects, etc. and the widget has not reappeared on my screen.

Good luck!

How to get Music off iPhone lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.