Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix is TERRIBLE on Apple TV 4k (3rd Gen)

On my new Apple TV 4k it appears that Netflix is only playing back at 480p (or worse). Netflix is fine on my smart TV and other apps are fine on Apple TV 4k. And yes, I've done all of the recommended fixes (reinstalling, restarting, unplugging, reseting, etc). Looks like this is a documented issue, but I can't find a solution. This is a major disappointment! Anyone else with this issue?

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 10:00 AM

If you haven't yet check the Speedtest app to verify the internet connection. If you have the ethernet model and haven't yet wired it then you can also try that. Otherwise, if it persists and is isolated to Netflix then you should reach out to them to make sure they are investigating an issue with their ATV app.

3 replies

Dec 6, 2022 12:47 PM in response to vazandrew

Thanks for the response. I'm already connected via ethernet and have verified my speed at 80 Mps, which is well above the recommended 15 to 25 Mbps to stream a 4K video from Netflix. I've also chatted with Netflix help, who just had me go through all of the steps that I already went through. Just hoping to hear from someone who has had this issue and found a solution. Again, it seems that something is throttling my data speeds to the app.

Netflix is TERRIBLE on Apple TV 4k (3rd Gen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.