Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change passcode from numeric to alphanumeric

I had to restore my iPhone to factory settings yesterday and when I got to passcode and face id it would only let me enter a 6 digit numeric code and I have used a long alphanumeric code for years and I and a Apple rep. Cannot find how or where to be able to change it back to the longer alphanumeric code. It happened years ago and it ended up being right in front of me but this time it’s not. Can someone please help me with this? I’m so **** frustrated with this. I just can’t find how to do it or the Apple support person!

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 11:42 AM

Go to Settings>Face ID & Passcode. Scroll down and find Change Passcode. Tap on that. It will prompt you for you existing passcode, and the screen that comes up should prompt you for a new passcode and just above the key pad you will see Passcode Options. Tap on that and a menu will appear for you to choose what type of passcode you want. Select that and enter your new passcode.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2022 11:42 AM in response to gray48

Go to Settings>Face ID & Passcode. Scroll down and find Change Passcode. Tap on that. It will prompt you for you existing passcode, and the screen that comes up should prompt you for a new passcode and just above the key pad you will see Passcode Options. Tap on that and a menu will appear for you to choose what type of passcode you want. Select that and enter your new passcode.

How to change passcode from numeric to alphanumeric

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.