Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4 Digit Passcode changed to Alphanumeric Password PLEASE HELP

Ok so I've always used a 4 digit passcode for my Iphone and have never changed it from that, but recently when i did my face ID i would see the alphanumeric menu pop up for a second and then it would open my phone but I never used to see this so I angled the phone away from me to see what was going on and to my surprise it was showing a alphanumeric password menu instead of my 4 digit passcode menu, so I tried to put in my 4 digit passcode in it but it didnt work and then I tried a few more passwords that it might of been somehow but it didnt work and got locked out of 1 minute but when it came back I couldnt use face Id so I was stuck out of my phone. I really need help with this, Im going to Mexico in 4 days and need my phone to work, Please help!

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 10:10 PM

Lock Screen Passcode or Screen Time Passcode.

Following this process is the only way out if your iPhone is disabled. The steps given in this link will help you reset the passcode -> If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your ...

Note: If you have forgotten the Screen Time Passcode then restoring your device from a backup after the passcode reset will return the Passcode back to your device. So, please do not restore from a backup.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2023 10:10 PM in response to austyn145

Lock Screen Passcode or Screen Time Passcode.

Following this process is the only way out if your iPhone is disabled. The steps given in this link will help you reset the passcode -> If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your ...

Note: If you have forgotten the Screen Time Passcode then restoring your device from a backup after the passcode reset will return the Passcode back to your device. So, please do not restore from a backup.

Jan 13, 2023 10:15 PM in response to austyn145

That is possible only if you have done one or more of the following Don'ts...

1. Don't hand over an iPhone to kids or to a stranger without Enabling Guided Access
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device
  5. Don't give in to Phishing
  6. Don't leave your iPhone unlocked and unattended in public places like offices, schools, malls etc.

4 Digit Passcode changed to Alphanumeric Password PLEASE HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.