Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Unavailable

I traveled from MN to TN and back this past weekend with my iPad in my purse. I didn’t end up using it at all on the trip. Now I’m back home and opened it up to low battery (expected) and a security message that would suggest several attempts to open with wrong passcode. This was never attempted 🤷🏻‍♀️Remained in its closed case in my purse in my possession. So I plugged it in to charge and turned off the power. After a few hours of charging, I powered it back on only to find a new message the the iPad is unavailable. I cannot do anything. No options - nothing changes when I press for Home Screen.

iPad (10th gen) WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 12:32 PM

This is what you need to do in order to get into the device again.

If you have iOS 15.2 or higher, see instructions in: How to remove your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch passcode without a computer - Apple Support

If you do not have iOS 15.2 or higher or the that option will not work for you, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPad passcode - Apple Support

Do you have an iPad with a home button? If not, it is possible that getting bumped around the purse could cause unwanted turning on the screen which would prompt to unlock with Face ID or or entry of a passcode. And if the passcode is incorrect, it would disable the device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2022 12:32 PM in response to LeanneMN

This is what you need to do in order to get into the device again.

If you have iOS 15.2 or higher, see instructions in: How to remove your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch passcode without a computer - Apple Support

If you do not have iOS 15.2 or higher or the that option will not work for you, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPad passcode - Apple Support

Do you have an iPad with a home button? If not, it is possible that getting bumped around the purse could cause unwanted turning on the screen which would prompt to unlock with Face ID or or entry of a passcode. And if the passcode is incorrect, it would disable the device.

iPad Unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.