Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

synching my iphone info onto my new ipad,eg contacts and messages

Can anyone suggest best way to transfer my contacts and messages from my iphone to new Ipad

iPad Air 5 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 8:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 12:56 PM

Hey hannas3824,

That's a great question, and congratulations on your new iPad! You have a few ways to move data to your new iPad from your iPhone. The first would involve moving all compatible settings and such from your iPhone to your iPad. This can be done using your iPhone itself, iCloud or a computer. Here's more information and steps for those options: Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you only wanted to transfer over your contacts you'll sign in to the account that stores your contacts. If that's iCloud, these steps will help: Sign in to iCloud on all your devices - Apple Support

If instead you're using a third-party account for your contacts, use these steps: Use other contact accounts on iPhone - Apple Support

For your messages to sync fully between devices, you will need to turn on Messages in iCloud. Here's more information and steps to set that up: Access your messages on all your Apple devices - Apple Support

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2022 12:56 PM in response to hannas3824

Hey hannas3824,

That's a great question, and congratulations on your new iPad! You have a few ways to move data to your new iPad from your iPhone. The first would involve moving all compatible settings and such from your iPhone to your iPad. This can be done using your iPhone itself, iCloud or a computer. Here's more information and steps for those options: Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you only wanted to transfer over your contacts you'll sign in to the account that stores your contacts. If that's iCloud, these steps will help: Sign in to iCloud on all your devices - Apple Support

If instead you're using a third-party account for your contacts, use these steps: Use other contact accounts on iPhone - Apple Support

For your messages to sync fully between devices, you will need to turn on Messages in iCloud. Here's more information and steps to set that up: Access your messages on all your Apple devices - Apple Support

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

synching my iphone info onto my new ipad,eg contacts and messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.