Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Apple Music using up half a gig when I have no songs, and have deleted the app?

Why is Apple Music using up half a gig when I have no songs, and have deleted the app?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 9:58 PM

9 replies

Dec 18, 2022 6:29 PM in response to delanithefirst

Thank you for the image.

You could reinstall Music and see what's there. Maybe some podcasts or music that's been placed there by other apps. And then delete it. Maybe that will clean out the data.

For example, I restored my current phone with Migration Assistant (?) from a previous phone. However, there is an app that I did not bother to download to the new phone even though it was on the old phone. That app shows it has 2.8MB of data even though it has never been installed on this phone.

If you have a Mac then you could connect the phone to the Mac and look at its contents with the Finder (assuming a newish Mac OS).

Or you could use iTunes on an older Mac.

Or you could use Mac or PC software that allows viewing the contents of the iPhone eg PhoneView, iMazing etc.

Dec 22, 2022 3:28 PM in response to ghr165

Tried reinstalling, then deleting the app. (The only thing that was on there is the U2). Still there! And we're not talking about a couple of megabytes, we're talking about near Half a gig!😳😳

Don't have a Mac.😐

Will try phoneview, Imazing on my PC.

Also, I absolutely cannot get the auto punctuation to turn off! It puts random periods, commas, and question marks in random spots in the middle of a sentence, no matter how fluidly I speak! Driving me crazy! I've turned it on and off, reset the phone, every possible method! Does anybody out there know what's going on? Should I repost this is a new question?

(I had to, line by line, edit this post to remove all the weird crap!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.