Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

forgot my old 4 digit passcode?

I had to reset my phone as i forgot my password, now i have reset my password for my apple account but when i want to continue setting up it wants my old apple passcode, which i also forgot after my accident!! How do i get my old 4 digit passcode?? As now i cant access my encrypted data??!!

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 11:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 12:51 AM

You'll have to use an iCloud backup or start all over again:

To turn off backup encryption, uncheck the "Encrypt local backup" checkbox in the Finder or iTunes and enter the password. If you can't remember your password, you have two options:

copied from: About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2022 12:51 AM in response to hessa120

You'll have to use an iCloud backup or start all over again:

To turn off backup encryption, uncheck the "Encrypt local backup" checkbox in the Finder or iTunes and enter the password. If you can't remember your password, you have two options:

copied from: About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

forgot my old 4 digit passcode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.