Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Default Save Location be Changed?

This is a cross app problem for me. But for example, if I open a Pages file from one folder, and Export it to a PDF, I expect that the PDF will be saved in the folder that I opened the original doc from. But instead it saves to the last folder where there was a document saved. This makes no sense to me and means I lose files in folders they have no business being in.

Is there any way to change this default?

Thank you...

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 8:11 AM

Pages was written to remember the last saved location for future saves. You must manually break that chain of custody by choosing a different location for the save that you want elsewhere, and then the memory process resumes with that location.

5 replies

Dec 10, 2022 7:56 AM in response to Buffsters

I have Pages file located in the Pages Folder on iCloud.

It is called Letters.

When I open the Letters file in Pages and choose Export in the PDF file format - for to image below

In this case, it will export the Pages file as A PDF and because I chose export to Pages Folder - that is where it will be found.

If you what to change the location of the Export -the Where in image will determine just where it is going

Can Default Save Location be Changed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.