Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 3rd generation AirPods won’t reset. While depressing the reset button with AirPods in the case the light goes green, off, flashes Amber but never comes back to green as required. Is there a “harder reset” option?

My 3rd generation AirPods won’t reset. While depressing the reset button with AirPods in the case the light goes green, off, flashes Amber but never comes back to green as required. Is there a “harder reset” option?

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 1:09 PM

Hi Citizen197, welcome to the Apple community

I hope you are doing well 🤗

It is not possible to reset the AirPods if 1 AirPod is broken. The Airpods needs 2 AirPod on the case to be able to turn off and to be able to connect to an iPhone.

So I invite you to check that the two AirPods are well placed in the case that it works both and that nothing obstructs the charge.

You can replace a single AirPod (left or right AirPod) or a Charging Case for a fee. Use our "Get an Estimate" tool to review potential costs if you get service directly from Apple
AirPods Repair & Service - Apple Support

If the issue is not resolved, feel free to come back to us or contact Apple support for more information.

Apple support is available here: Apple Support

See you soon👋

Julio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2022 1:09 PM in response to Citizen197

Hi Citizen197, welcome to the Apple community

I hope you are doing well 🤗

It is not possible to reset the AirPods if 1 AirPod is broken. The Airpods needs 2 AirPod on the case to be able to turn off and to be able to connect to an iPhone.

So I invite you to check that the two AirPods are well placed in the case that it works both and that nothing obstructs the charge.

You can replace a single AirPod (left or right AirPod) or a Charging Case for a fee. Use our "Get an Estimate" tool to review potential costs if you get service directly from Apple
AirPods Repair & Service - Apple Support

If the issue is not resolved, feel free to come back to us or contact Apple support for more information.

Apple support is available here: Apple Support

See you soon👋

Julio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.