Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Number of phone lines on iPhone 14

Is it possible to have more than two telephone lines on the iphone 14? I understand there are only 2 esims, but I thought I read somewhere that they can support more telephone lines, but only 2 can be active at any time. I would like to have two lines that I would use on a day-to-day basis, but if I travel to Europe, I'd like to be able to add an additional line to use there.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 12:50 PM

See the following excerpt from an Apple Support article for information about multiple eSIMs. From About eSIM on iPhone - Apple Support

You can install eight or more eSIMs on an iPhone and use two phone numbers at the same time. 

4 replies

Dec 8, 2022 1:16 PM in response to fsouder

From my previous reply, see this excerpt from the Apple Support article cited:

You can install eight or more eSIMs on an iPhone and use two phone numbers at the same time. 

As that states, you can install eight or more eSIMS on the phone but only use 2 at the same time.

After you have added more than 2 you can switch among them as needed for which ones you want active.

The following doesn't discuss having more than 2 (as only 2 can be active) but does have other information that may be of interest: Use eSIM while traveling internationally with your iPhone - Apple Support

Number of phone lines on iPhone 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.