Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITUNES - New play list

Hi - I'm trying to create a new playlist in iTunes from mp3s that are on my computer.

The SONG bar at the top is grayed out.

How do I make this playlist?

Apple people - this ought to be the easiest thing to do on a Mac, but it seems everything is about pushing Apple Music in front of us. Please help and fix iTunes to work in a friendly manner

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 5:12 AM

randyfromokc wrote:

Hi - I'm trying to create a new playlist in iTunes from mp3s that are on my computer.

Add the "mp3s that are on [your] computer" to the library first. Then use File > New > Playlist. Now you can drag in songs from your library. It doesn't matter if they are MP3s or another format.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2022 5:12 AM in response to randyfromokc

randyfromokc wrote:

Add the "mp3s that are on [your] computer" to the library first. Then use File > New > Playlist. Now you can drag in songs from your library. It doesn't matter if they are MP3s or another format.

ITUNES - New play list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.