Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touchbar unresponsive

The touchbar on my Macbook Pro is unresponsive when you touch it. It lights up and responds to the changing apps but nothing happens when you touch it. I tried to follow some of the fixes I found online but when I go to activity monitor the touchbarserver is missing.

Help?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 4:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 9:33 AM

Kingservant wrote:

The touchbar on my Macbook Pro is unresponsive when you touch it. It lights up and responds to the changing apps but nothing happens when you touch it. I tried to follow some of the fixes I found online but when I go to activity monitor the touchbarserver is missing.

Help?

On an Intel Mac

Try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

no resolve...then it typically indicates a hardware issue

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2022 9:33 AM in response to Kingservant

Kingservant wrote:

Help?

On an Intel Mac

Try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

no resolve...then it typically indicates a hardware issue

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Touchbar unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.