Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deauthorizing and reauthorizing a computer

I recently purchased a MacBook Pro. I have 2 iPads, my phone, and my two old pc’s authorized to play my music. I tried deauthorizing one of my iPads but I still can’t get my MacBook authorized in iTunes. I get an error saying I have reached my 5 device limit, even though I deauthorized one of them. I’m tempted to deauthorize all of them and then reauthorize them one by one. But, I’m not sure if it will allow me to reauthorize a device after deauthorizing it. Help!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 8:23 AM

You can Deauthorize Al and then authorize any computers that you still have; it will allow you to reauthorize them.

Note that the 5 limit applies only to computers, not iPads or iPhones and that Deauthorize all applies only to computers.

To deauthorize all and to authorize, see instructions in Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2022 8:23 AM in response to Rosie1727

You can Deauthorize Al and then authorize any computers that you still have; it will allow you to reauthorize them.

Note that the 5 limit applies only to computers, not iPads or iPhones and that Deauthorize all applies only to computers.

To deauthorize all and to authorize, see instructions in Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

Deauthorizing and reauthorizing a computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.