How do I deauthorize device on iTunes?

Hi support, I am trying to Authorize my computer to iTunes but when I log in the account and try to follow the instructions it can't be done. The line where the authorizations are listed says that one computer has the authorization but the I try to authorize te new one it says I can authorize only up to five devices and wan't let me do the thing. A part from that the "Deauthorize all" button does not show.

Exactly the same thing on my MacBook Air and MiniMac.

What can I do?

Screenshot below...

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Air (2018 – 2020)

Posted on Mar 10, 2024 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2024 8:54 PM

I have exactly the same issue the deauthorize button is not there, it says I only have one authorized computer but when I try to authorize it says I already have 5 and drives me in this mad circle with no solution.

4 replies

Apr 4, 2024 2:24 AM in response to rstone122

No response so far, but I suspect it might have something to do with iTunes Match... When making a playlist on an "unauthorized" Mac, it only blocked the songs uploaded via iTunes Match, while the purchased ones and those from "Music" worked fine. Nonetheless, I find it disappointing that Apple doesn't do a good job of responding to this matter. I've seen several tens of comments on the web about this issue.

How do I deauthorize device on iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.