Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone backup to Mac

I am trying to backup my iPhone SE to my Mac OS High Sierra. The instructions say to locate the phone in iTunes on the Mac. When I open iTunes and connect my iPhone by USB cable the only things that show on the left are music. I got a pop up that said I needed to download and install something for my iPhone to be found in iTunes. I tried that but it says it’s downloading 1 item but after 15 minutes there is nothing showing in the progress bar. What should I do?

iMac

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 10:12 AM

neoflyer wrote:

I am trying to backup my iPhone SE to my Mac OS High Sierra. The instructions say to locate the phone in iTunes on the Mac. When I open iTunes and connect my iPhone by USB cable the only things that show on the left are music. I got a pop up that said I needed to download and install something for my iPhone to be found in iTunes. I tried that but it says it’s downloading 1 item but after 15 minutes there is nothing showing in the progress bar. What should I do?

There is no itunes for mac only finder click here How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2022 10:12 AM in response to neoflyer

neoflyer wrote:

There is no itunes for mac only finder click here How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

Dec 9, 2022 10:30 AM in response to razmee209

The phone doesn’t appear in Finder. There is iTunes for Mac, I have it open. The backup instructions you linked to say if my OS is earlier than Catalina, mine is High Sierra, to find the phone in uTunes.

I got the message that some software had to be installed to see the phone in iTues but that software will not install.

iPhone backup to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.