Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change wifi security on iphone

Good day iphone team

i want help with changing iphone wifi security from sae to wpa/wpa2. Kindly help me how can i change that because i have old android phone and i can not access internet from iphone as a wifi hotspot. Thanks

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 10:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 10:59 PM

Not being able to connect to your iPhone's hotspot has nothing to do with the security level.

If your Android is really old, it may not be able to see the newer 5gig signal. When you setup your iPhone's hotspot, if you have an iPhone 12 or higher, make sure you set it to Max compatability. That will set it to broadcast on the older 2.4gig frequency.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2022 10:59 PM in response to grmalik

Not being able to connect to your iPhone's hotspot has nothing to do with the security level.

If your Android is really old, it may not be able to see the newer 5gig signal. When you setup your iPhone's hotspot, if you have an iPhone 12 or higher, make sure you set it to Max compatability. That will set it to broadcast on the older 2.4gig frequency.

How to change wifi security on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.