Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch frozen

Hi, I tried to update my series 3 watch and it never worked. All it does now is show the Apple logo and is completely unresponsive. My phone won’t connect to it at all so I can’t change or reset it. I’ve tried force reset but that doesn’t work either! Any ideas anyone??

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 8

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 3:06 PM

Hey there Philbrook10,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. Just to confirm, did you try force restarting your Apple Watch with the steps listed below: Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Force restart your Apple Watch
You should force restart your Apple Watch as a last resort and only if it's not responding.

Don’t force restart your Apple Watch if you're updating watchOS. After you see the Apple logo and progress wheel, leave your watch alone and on its charger until the update finishes.

To force restart your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

If so, then the next best option would be to have your Apple Watch inspected further in person. For help with looking into available service options in your area, reach out to Apple Support directly from this link here: Get Support - Apple

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2022 3:06 PM in response to Philbrook10

Hey there Philbrook10,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. Just to confirm, did you try force restarting your Apple Watch with the steps listed below: Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Force restart your Apple Watch
You should force restart your Apple Watch as a last resort and only if it's not responding.

Don’t force restart your Apple Watch if you're updating watchOS. After you see the Apple logo and progress wheel, leave your watch alone and on its charger until the update finishes.

To force restart your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

If so, then the next best option would be to have your Apple Watch inspected further in person. For help with looking into available service options in your area, reach out to Apple Support directly from this link here: Get Support - Apple

Take care.

Watch frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.