Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 5 Always Crashes 2 Miles Into Run

I am consistently experiencing a software bug that crashes my Apple Watch 5 Cellular while working out and listening to Pandora or music stored locally on my watch.

I’m specifically running using the Workout app and listening to music, and usually around the 2-mile mark, my watch will reboot and then want to go into Power Reserve. The battery then shows less than 10% and I’m unable to continue my workout and/or listen to audio the rest of my run. Upon placing the watch back on the charger after the run, power jumps to 70+%.

This is so frustrating and unsatisfactory. It is totally ruining my experience and I’m at a loss. I’ve tried all the default recommendations that Apple will roll out. I have reset the watch. I’ve tried disabling Wifi to no avail also. I found another thread with a couple other users with this same issue but no resolution was found unfortunately.

Ran battery diagnostics at Apple Store and they came back fine (this time). Watch works fine and lasts all day when using it “normally” (i.e. not for a run).

Very disappointed in this product. Hope this community can help, because the “genius” at the Apple Store sure couldn’t.

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 10:25 AM

Fix: Use Nike Run Club (“NRC”) application instead of Workouts. Just did 3 miles with NRC and Pandora using cellular, had no problems, and there was 52% remaining on the battery (which was only about 90% full when I started).

It’s a pretty sad day when Nike can make an application that runs better on an Apple product than Apple can, but that’s where we are. Happy running, folks.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2022 10:25 AM in response to Dorner2011

Fix: Use Nike Run Club (“NRC”) application instead of Workouts. Just did 3 miles with NRC and Pandora using cellular, had no problems, and there was 52% remaining on the battery (which was only about 90% full when I started).

It’s a pretty sad day when Nike can make an application that runs better on an Apple product than Apple can, but that’s where we are. Happy running, folks.

Apple Watch 5 Always Crashes 2 Miles Into Run

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.