Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Remote app not connecting

My Apple TV Remote app is not connecting to my Apple TV. It pulls up my Apple TV name and says connecting then it like restarts with a drop down menu for me to select the Apple TV I want to connect to and the process begins again. I have unplugged the Apple TV, restarted my phone, airplane mode my phone, and made sure nothing is blocking the device. Nothing has solved my issue.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 10:31 AM

To connect the software remote in Control Center with the Apple TV box, verify that both devices connect to the same home network (Wi-Fi on iPhone). It wouldn’t work with the iPhone only on cellular.

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

It may also help to pair the iPhone to the Apple TV box, so that they trust each other and remember each other. Pair your iOS device or Mac with your Apple TV - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2022 10:31 AM in response to smallestpower28

To connect the software remote in Control Center with the Apple TV box, verify that both devices connect to the same home network (Wi-Fi on iPhone). It wouldn’t work with the iPhone only on cellular.

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

It may also help to pair the iPhone to the Apple TV box, so that they trust each other and remember each other. Pair your iOS device or Mac with your Apple TV - Apple Support

Apple TV Remote app not connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.