Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I delete a mail, it keeps coming back

Hi,

I'm using Gmail in the mail app.

If I delete a mail on my Iphone, there is no problem, but when I delete it from my MacBook Air, it keeps coming back :(

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Dec 11, 2022 1:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2022 2:18 AM

Hi KPODE,

It sounds like you are experiencing a sync issue with your Gmail account. This can happen if your email client (in this case, the mail app on your MacBook Air) is not able to properly communicate with the Gmail servers.

There are a few things you can try to fix this issue:

1. Try signing out of your Gmail account on your MacBook Air and then signing back in. This will force the mail app to re-sync your account and may resolve any synchronisation issues.
  2. Try deleting your Gmail account from the mail app on your MacBook Air and then adding it again. This will reset the synchronization process and may fix the issue.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2022 2:18 AM in response to KPODE

Hi KPODE,

It sounds like you are experiencing a sync issue with your Gmail account. This can happen if your email client (in this case, the mail app on your MacBook Air) is not able to properly communicate with the Gmail servers.

There are a few things you can try to fix this issue:

1. Try signing out of your Gmail account on your MacBook Air and then signing back in. This will force the mail app to re-sync your account and may resolve any synchronisation issues.
  2. Try deleting your Gmail account from the mail app on your MacBook Air and then adding it again. This will reset the synchronization process and may fix the issue.

When I delete a mail, it keeps coming back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.