Emails won't delete on iPad

I believe this problem started when we went to 16.0. I am now running 16.4.1a on my iPad. When I delete an email, it disappears for a second and then reappears. No matter which way I delete or how many times I do it, it reappears. I have noticed that when I delete the message on my Mac, it does delete it on my iPad. Any ideas what the problem is?

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 29, 2023 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 8:28 AM

Hi there!

Depending on your email server, you can go into Settings > Mail > Choose the email address > Tap on Account > Advanced > Deleted Mailbox> You should see the option to be able to delete emails ON MY IPHONE or ON THE SERVER. You want to be able to delete the messages from you server. This option should have the emails deleted across your devices,

hopefully this helps,

Thanks

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2023 8:28 AM in response to treeBrown

Hi there!

Depending on your email server, you can go into Settings > Mail > Choose the email address > Tap on Account > Advanced > Deleted Mailbox> You should see the option to be able to delete emails ON MY IPHONE or ON THE SERVER. You want to be able to delete the messages from you server. This option should have the emails deleted across your devices,

hopefully this helps,

Thanks

Emails won't delete on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.