Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

494 Error on a single website?

Suddenly, and without any other indications, I am unable to log into a single website, receiving a "494 Error. This request could not be satisfied." This only happens when using Firefox. Using Safari I do not receive this message and I can access the site.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 11, 2022 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 2:29 PM

Found this on reddit:

"It is a cookie issue.

Try to go to *** with Chrome. Get the 494 error.

In the Chrome address bar, left-click on the lock icon to the left of the website. Left-click on cookies.

In the Cookies in use screen, select ***.com or www.***.com and then click the Remove button.

Open a new tab or restart Chrome. Go back to dailywire.com. Accept cookies if prompted. Good to go!"

[Link Edited by Moderator]

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2022 2:29 PM in response to Clay Cook

Found this on reddit:

"It is a cookie issue.

Try to go to *** with Chrome. Get the 494 error.

In the Chrome address bar, left-click on the lock icon to the left of the website. Left-click on cookies.

In the Cookies in use screen, select ***.com or www.***.com and then click the Remove button.

Open a new tab or restart Chrome. Go back to dailywire.com. Accept cookies if prompted. Good to go!"

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Dec 11, 2022 10:19 AM in response to Clay Cook

As Tom points to, I'd suspect a corrupt cookie then, easy enough to test somewhat...

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account?

494 Error on a single website?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.