Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I search music on iTunes store?

I want to send an album to a friend as a gift. So first I have to find the album on iTunes Store. Trying to follow directions: "To search, click the iTunes Store in the left sidebar. Then click in the Search field that appears at the top of the sidebar. This will make three buttons appear at far right: Your LIbrary, Music, and iTunes Store. " I don't see any choices at top right when I click the Search field. Any suggestions?

MacBook Air Apple Silicon

Posted on Dec 11, 2022 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2022 11:05 AM

In the Music app menu bar, choose Music > Settings or Music > Preferences.

Then click in the search box at the top of the left sidebar and then click the iTunes Store option at the top right of the main window as shown in the example in Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

If the 3 options don't appear at the top right of the main window, 2 things to try:

1) If the View menu in the menu bar contains "Hide Playing Next" or "Hide Lyrics" then click that item so that it changes to "Show Playing Next" or "Show Lyrics."

2) If there is a very small < at the top left of the main window (to the right of the sidebar search box), click it one or more times until there is no < there.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2022 11:05 AM in response to edgeworth1

In the Music app menu bar, choose Music > Settings or Music > Preferences.

Then click in the search box at the top of the left sidebar and then click the iTunes Store option at the top right of the main window as shown in the example in Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

If the 3 options don't appear at the top right of the main window, 2 things to try:

1) If the View menu in the menu bar contains "Hide Playing Next" or "Hide Lyrics" then click that item so that it changes to "Show Playing Next" or "Show Lyrics."

2) If there is a very small < at the top left of the main window (to the right of the sidebar search box), click it one or more times until there is no < there.

how do I search music on iTunes store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.