Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Mirroring

I cannot seem to screen mirror my phone on my smart TV. The TV says : waiting for the external device to connect, when I go to screen mirroring on the control centre, it just loads and my TV doesn’t appear.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 11, 2022 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 3:19 PM

Hi nelisa1992,

If your TV isn't showing up, we'd recommend first verifying that it is AirPlay compatible. If it is, try all of the steps outlined here in this article: If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

"Try these steps first

After each step, see if you still need help. 

1. Make sure that your AirPlay-compatible devices are turned on and near each other.
  2. Check that the devices are updated to the latest software and are on the same Wi-Fi network. 
  3. Restart the devices that you want to use with AirPlay or screen mirroring.

If you're prompted to enter a password, you might have restrictions turned on, or you might need to adjust your AirPlay password settings."

Depending on your TV manufacturer, you may need to enable AirPlay on it before it can be used. So you may also need to reach out to them for further instruction.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2022 3:19 PM in response to nelisa1992

Hi nelisa1992,

If your TV isn't showing up, we'd recommend first verifying that it is AirPlay compatible. If it is, try all of the steps outlined here in this article: If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

"Try these steps first

After each step, see if you still need help. 

1. Make sure that your AirPlay-compatible devices are turned on and near each other.
  2. Check that the devices are updated to the latest software and are on the same Wi-Fi network. 
  3. Restart the devices that you want to use with AirPlay or screen mirroring.

If you're prompted to enter a password, you might have restrictions turned on, or you might need to adjust your AirPlay password settings."

Depending on your TV manufacturer, you may need to enable AirPlay on it before it can be used. So you may also need to reach out to them for further instruction.

Cheers.

Screen Mirroring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.