Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I reset iPhone with deleted apple id

My old Apple ID got deleted when I broke this phone and I fixed it today and I’m giving it to my little brother as a Christmas gift but I can not reset it or do anything because it says person not found how can I reset it ?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 3:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 8:18 AM

Good day Emyllia,

An Apple ID does not get deleted because a device breaks. It only gets deleted if you request the deletion of the account or if Apple thinks there is reason for them to delete an account.

If you requested the account be deleted then read this document and in particular the part regarding making sure Find My is deactivated prior to deletion --> How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

"What happens if I change my mind after I have requested that my account be deleted?

While your request is being processed, you can contact Apple Support [ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support ] with the unique alphanumeric access code you received, and we’ll help you cancel your request. After your account is deleted, Apple can't cancel the request, reopen your account, or restore your data."

If you requested account deletion and did not deactivate Find My, Apple can reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. Try this online here --> https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2022 8:18 AM in response to emyllia06

Good day Emyllia,

An Apple ID does not get deleted because a device breaks. It only gets deleted if you request the deletion of the account or if Apple thinks there is reason for them to delete an account.

If you requested the account be deleted then read this document and in particular the part regarding making sure Find My is deactivated prior to deletion --> How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

"What happens if I change my mind after I have requested that my account be deleted?

While your request is being processed, you can contact Apple Support [ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support ] with the unique alphanumeric access code you received, and we’ll help you cancel your request. After your account is deleted, Apple can't cancel the request, reopen your account, or restore your data."

If you requested account deletion and did not deactivate Find My, Apple can reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. Try this online here --> https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

How can I reset iPhone with deleted apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.