Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Wallet/Apple Pay

When I am in the Wallet app I press the Plus(+) button in the top right, and it gives me the error message: Cannot Add Card Payment cards are not supported for this account.

I have checked everything! I am 15 years old, I am in a country that allows Apple Pay (Germany) and my phone is up-to-date.

I don't know if this helps, but I am also in a family share thing?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 1:09 PM

Hi nelsontheepic,

It could be that for your country or region, they might need to be a different age as seen in Set up Apple Pay.

If you're less than 13 years old, Apple Pay isn't available and you can't add a card in the Wallet app. Age varies by country or region.

Under Create an Apple ID for your child

About settings and features for kids under 13

Some Apple ID settings and features work differently for children under 13. For example, a child under 13 can't create an Apple ID without permission and consent from a parent or guardian. The minimum age for account creation may vary across countries and regions as follows: Under 14 in Austria, Bulgaria, China mainland, Cyprus, Italy, Lithuania, and Spain. Under 15 in Czech Republic, France, and Greece. Under 16 in Brazil, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Kosovo, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, and Slovenia. Under 13 in all other countries and regions.

We hope this clears things up.

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2022 1:09 PM in response to nelsontheepic

Hi nelsontheepic,

It could be that for your country or region, they might need to be a different age as seen in Set up Apple Pay.

If you're less than 13 years old, Apple Pay isn't available and you can't add a card in the Wallet app. Age varies by country or region.

Under Create an Apple ID for your child

About settings and features for kids under 13

Some Apple ID settings and features work differently for children under 13. For example, a child under 13 can't create an Apple ID without permission and consent from a parent or guardian. The minimum age for account creation may vary across countries and regions as follows: Under 14 in Austria, Bulgaria, China mainland, Cyprus, Italy, Lithuania, and Spain. Under 15 in Czech Republic, France, and Greece. Under 16 in Brazil, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Kosovo, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, and Slovenia. Under 13 in all other countries and regions.

We hope this clears things up.

Cheers.

Apple Wallet/Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.