Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari will not start

Safari will not open but presents a window showing a report to be sent to Apple.

Using Monterrey on a Macbook Pro, after restarting the machine, Safari will not open. I had multiple tabs open on Safari just before restarting the machine.

How do I troubleshoot this nagging problem?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 7:23 AM

Two suggestions: Try holding a Shift key while launching Safari from Applications or the Dock. That action opens Safari with no previously opened windows or tabs.

If that does not immediately solve the problem, please restart your Mac in "Safe Mode" and try again: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

The next step would be to reinstall macOS: How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

If it still does not work, troubleshooting becomes tedious and time-consuming, so if you get this far with no resolution then please contact Apple Support, here: Contact - Official Apple Support

Either way, please let me know what you determine.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2022 7:23 AM in response to JayMiller3

Two suggestions: Try holding a Shift key while launching Safari from Applications or the Dock. That action opens Safari with no previously opened windows or tabs.

If that does not immediately solve the problem, please restart your Mac in "Safe Mode" and try again: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

The next step would be to reinstall macOS: How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

If it still does not work, troubleshooting becomes tedious and time-consuming, so if you get this far with no resolution then please contact Apple Support, here: Contact - Official Apple Support

Either way, please let me know what you determine.

Safari will not start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.