Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ventura desktop and wallpaper pictures location?

Trying to add one new picture to Wallpaper rotation but can't find a folder or "Add picture" button. Settings shows we're randomly applying "Apple collection," which contains all my pre-Ventura screen pics, but I can't find a way to add one. Thanks.

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 9:10 AM

kabaker wrote:

Trying to add one new picture to Wallpaper rotation but can't find a folder or "Add picture" button. Settings shows we're randomly applying "Apple collection," which contains all my pre-Ventura screen pics, but I can't find a way to add one. Thanks.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/b5a7df48-c3bd-48b4-b99d-6f49250cdaa7

you can add wall paper—drop your wall paper in this folder, from Finder>Go>Go To Folder , copy & paste:

/Library/Desktop Pictures

the newer location included /System, there is no r/w access to:

/System/Library/Desktop Pictures

Customize the desktop picture on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2022 9:10 AM in response to kabaker

kabaker wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/b5a7df48-c3bd-48b4-b99d-6f49250cdaa7

you can add wall paper—drop your wall paper in this folder, from Finder>Go>Go To Folder , copy & paste:

/Library/Desktop Pictures

the newer location included /System, there is no r/w access to:

/System/Library/Desktop Pictures

Customize the desktop picture on your Mac - Apple Support

Ventura desktop and wallpaper pictures location?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.