Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After installing the latest update, My Apple Watch 6 does not come on by raising my wrist. Only by tapping or turning the stem. Also there is an image of a “theater” style happy/sad face above 12:00.

After installing the latest update, my Apple Watch 6 will not come on with a rise of my wrist. Only with a tap or by rotating the stem.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 12:21 PM

Your watch is in "Theater Mode" so that you won't disturb the rest of the audience with flashing lights while they watch the performance. This is very useful unless, of course, you're not in the theater.

Theater Mode is accessed with the Control Panel. Go to the bottom of the watch face and swipe up to get to the control panel, and you should see the theater icon highlighted in orange. Give it a tap to turn if off, then swipe down to return to the watch face.

See this:

Use Control Center on Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2022 12:21 PM in response to ROGER05HARLEY

Your watch is in "Theater Mode" so that you won't disturb the rest of the audience with flashing lights while they watch the performance. This is very useful unless, of course, you're not in the theater.

Theater Mode is accessed with the Control Panel. Go to the bottom of the watch face and swipe up to get to the control panel, and you should see the theater icon highlighted in orange. Give it a tap to turn if off, then swipe down to return to the watch face.

See this:

Use Control Center on Apple Watch - Apple Support

After installing the latest update, My Apple Watch 6 does not come on by raising my wrist. Only by tapping or turning the stem. Also there is an image of a “theater” style happy/sad face above 12:00.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.