Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Fix Charging on Hold Charging will Resume when iPad returns to Normal Temperature iOS 16?

Hi, Hope someone can please help with this message on my 10th Gen iPad 'How to Fix 'Charging on Hold Charging will Resume when iPad returns to Normal Temperature iOS 16'

My iPad is charging though the official Apple charger and USB C cable, the iPad is not being used just left charging, its 9.5 degrees Fahrenheit so not overheating by all means! maybe a bit cold?

My iPad was only purchased 6 weeks ago, also don't get this message on my old iPhone 7.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this issue.

Much appreciated.

Scott-

iPad

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 1:28 PM

iOS/iPadOS device temperature ranges are between -20º and 45º C (-4º to 113º F).

So, it maybe just a matter of the device being too cold.

You will need to let it warm to a more reasonable tempetature before the software will allow your iPad to start charging.

Best of Luck to You!

2 replies

How to Fix Charging on Hold Charging will Resume when iPad returns to Normal Temperature iOS 16?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.