Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove shortcuts from homescreen?

Hello, how do you remove shortcuts from homescreen? This video shows what it looks like from my phone, and I can't remove them. I already removed the shortcut from the shortcut app, but it still shows. Please help, thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/c4vcOHcTdj8

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 11:26 AM

I’ve held down the shortcut on my Home Screen and it just says edit Home Screen. I’ve used this to replace the original app icons, and now I can’t remove it. When I choose edit Home Screen the shortcuts just shake, but with no way to remove them. I need answers because this is very frustrating. I find it interesting that a lot of people are having the same problem as me. I really hope that this isn’t a permanent issue, and I hope that there is a way to fix this. Thank you!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2023 11:26 AM in response to SurferDaniel

I’ve held down the shortcut on my Home Screen and it just says edit Home Screen. I’ve used this to replace the original app icons, and now I can’t remove it. When I choose edit Home Screen the shortcuts just shake, but with no way to remove them. I need answers because this is very frustrating. I find it interesting that a lot of people are having the same problem as me. I really hope that this isn’t a permanent issue, and I hope that there is a way to fix this. Thank you!

How to remove shortcuts from homescreen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.