Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes on Desktop syncing to iPhone

So it has literally been YEARS since I have messed with my music. I recently noticed that some of the content I uploaded from CD to iTunes is not on my cell phone. I tried to sync the iTunes with my phone but the device icon never shows up on the app, and from reading online it sounds like Apple has made it impossible to manage your music unless you pay them a monthly service? Is this correct? Why should I have to pay someone money to put music that is legally loaded into my iTunes on my desktop to my iPhone so that I can listen to it from that device? If this cannot be done, is there a legal way to take all my music off my iTunes and iPhone and move them over to a non Apple phone? If this is how they treat their loyal customers, I would like to become a former one if this is truly the case, that I cannot move music onto my phone that I own. Thanks for anyones input. Appreciated

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 1:24 PM

Hello,

You can still sync content from iTunes to your iPhone with a cord. Apple has not made this impossible but has added other services which can be more convenient. Since you are not seeing this icon I included a support article related to that.

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

If the files are on your Desktop rather than in your iTunes Library they will be more difficult to sync to your iPhone. I recommend importing them into iTunes first.

Import media from a computer to iTunes on PC - Apple Support

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2022 1:24 PM in response to RobAlbert63

Hello,

You can still sync content from iTunes to your iPhone with a cord. Apple has not made this impossible but has added other services which can be more convenient. Since you are not seeing this icon I included a support article related to that.

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

If the files are on your Desktop rather than in your iTunes Library they will be more difficult to sync to your iPhone. I recommend importing them into iTunes first.

Import media from a computer to iTunes on PC - Apple Support

I hope this helps.

Itunes on Desktop syncing to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.