Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple wallet not adding tickets

Hi, I bought cinema tickets and clicked the link to add to apple wallet, but the safari browser appears to respond, but nothing is added to my wallet. I think for some reason my Apple wallet is restricted, as when I click the + option in the top right corner, it only offers me the option of adding payment debit or credit cards, or travel cards (no tickets, QR code or add manually or anything else). See attached screenshot for the options available to me.

Is there any reason my wallet would be restricted from adding anything other than payment and travel cards? I note that someone else has experienced the same problem in the apple community on this page I can't add any tickets, passes, etc., ex… - Apple Community, but there was not an adequate answer so I am asking again, on my behalf.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 9:22 AM

Hello greenhero64,

When purchasing movie tickets, those are only added when using the platform you used to purchase the tickets and choosing the button "Add to Apple Wallet". That's likely why you're only seeing the options shown in your screenshot.

If you haven't already, quit the Wallet app and Safari, then restart your iPhone to see if fresh connections help:

1. Quit Apple Wallet and Safari app: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support
  3. Try to add the movie tickets again: Add, use, and share boarding passes, tickets, and other passes in Apple Wallet - Apple Support

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2022 9:22 AM in response to greenhero64

Hello greenhero64,

When purchasing movie tickets, those are only added when using the platform you used to purchase the tickets and choosing the button "Add to Apple Wallet". That's likely why you're only seeing the options shown in your screenshot.

If you haven't already, quit the Wallet app and Safari, then restart your iPhone to see if fresh connections help:

1. Quit Apple Wallet and Safari app: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support
  3. Try to add the movie tickets again: Add, use, and share boarding passes, tickets, and other passes in Apple Wallet - Apple Support

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

Apple wallet not adding tickets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.