Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I just delete my photo library on my mac? I only want those photos on my personal iPhone.

Can I just delete my photo library on my mac? I only want those photos on my personal iPhone.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 8:10 AM

You can delete the Photos library and never use Photos on the Mac. If your Photos library is empty, there's no real reason to delete it. If the library has pictures in it, be sure you don't want them. The best plan would be to delete the library-- no need to delete pictures before deleting the library. Personally, I'd make a backup of the library-- you never know...

If you're library and your iPhone are connected to iCloud, then deleting the Library will not affect the pictures on your iPhone or in iCloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2022 8:10 AM in response to TimMorrell

You can delete the Photos library and never use Photos on the Mac. If your Photos library is empty, there's no real reason to delete it. If the library has pictures in it, be sure you don't want them. The best plan would be to delete the library-- no need to delete pictures before deleting the library. Personally, I'd make a backup of the library-- you never know...

If you're library and your iPhone are connected to iCloud, then deleting the Library will not affect the pictures on your iPhone or in iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.