Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passcode and Face ID

Can I disable the passcode and Face ID on my phone. I almost crashed trying to get into my phone to play music in the car. It struggles to recognize my face all winter because I'm wearing a hat and the I struggle to type the passcode with gloves. I would prefer to just touch it and have it open. Will Apple allow that or do I have to have it locked all of the time?

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 7:21 AM

If you disable passcode and Face ID your wallet content will be deleted, your health data will be erased, and your stored passwords will be cleared. You will also lose other functionality.

Further, if you have a business or school email account on your phone or if it is under Mobile Device Management (MDM) you will not be able to disable your phone’s security.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2022 7:21 AM in response to EmmGee77

If you disable passcode and Face ID your wallet content will be deleted, your health data will be erased, and your stored passwords will be cleared. You will also lose other functionality.

Further, if you have a business or school email account on your phone or if it is under Mobile Device Management (MDM) you will not be able to disable your phone’s security.

Passcode and Face ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.