Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move the backup to my new phone?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 10:36 AM

When you first set the new phone up, you were offered the option to restore data from an iCloud backup or a backup on a Mac or PC over to your new phone.

It sounds like you passed on that opportunity, so if you still want to restore from a backup, you will have to erase the new phone and start over again from the "hello" set up screen.

When the option to restore from an iCloud backup or backup on a computer appears on the screen, make sure to select the option you want to use. Details below:

Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2022 10:36 AM in response to Andrew1207

When you first set the new phone up, you were offered the option to restore data from an iCloud backup or a backup on a Mac or PC over to your new phone.

It sounds like you passed on that opportunity, so if you still want to restore from a backup, you will have to erase the new phone and start over again from the "hello" set up screen.

When the option to restore from an iCloud backup or backup on a computer appears on the screen, make sure to select the option you want to use. Details below:

Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.