Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video issue between Apple TV 4K box and new samsung tv

Hello first post. I have an apple 4K TV box in my basement it was hooked up to an older Samsung 39" Tv 5 series and the apple tv worked great on it. I purchased a new bigger Samsung TV 43" Au8000 series and same cables same hook up the apple box stops playing I get a blank screen green lines at times the video is choppy when I get a blank screen it just freezes/pauses no sound either. I rebooted the Apple box same issue. It seems to happen on one app in pustular than on other which is odd it's been running flawless on everything. the app it acts up the wort on it motortrend+ and it stops. no issues with the old TV but this one Yes. Looking for idea's when it first booted up the TV said making adjustments for a better picture quality.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 4:13 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 14, 2022 7:15 AM in response to Rudegar

I have the apple box hardwired to the network not on wifi.my internet is not super fast only 100MBps I have the one setting set to match format I think is there something else setting wise I'm missing? maybe tv setting wise ? I have 2 AppleTv boxes the other box is on another samsung 8 series TV as well but that is a 3 or 4 year old tv. no issue with that TV/box combination at all. They both act the same way on the new TV so it has to be some kind of a settings thing I'm missing? It's actually unwatchable I tried a couple more apps and some see to be a little worse like Youtube is really bad but the other still do it. thank you for the replay and any other suggestion ideas you may have :)

Video issue between Apple TV 4K box and new samsung tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.