Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The black screen after calls and listening to audio clips from WhatsApp

I have a problem, the black screen appears after I lift the phone to calls and hear audio clips from WhatsApp from the upper speaker, and the screen does not even touch to return to the bright screen or the home screen, I also try to press the stop button and the volume up and down buttons, but there is no response in the screen and it is black, and it seemed This problem occurred two months ago, so what is the quick solution?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 2:15 AM

3 replies

Dec 15, 2022 5:43 PM in response to LUQMAN3

Hi LUQMAN3,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

If the issue is specific to WhatsApp, see if the steps outlined in the Apple Support article If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support help. They're designed to address issues that are specific to one individual app.

If you are finding that the display will not come back on when moving the phone away from your face during calls in other apps, specifically the Phone app, this could be an issue with the proximity sensor. In this instance, you will want to get in touch with Apple Support directly. They will have access to the necessary tools and resources to help with this sensor. You can do that here: Get Support.

Have a lovely day!

The black screen after calls and listening to audio clips from WhatsApp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.