Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to search all songs for e.g. 'Christmas' in their album or song name and put all the results in to a playlist

Before iTunes became music it was easy to type e.g. 'Christmas' in the search box and then play all the results when they popped up. You could highlight all the results of the search and add them to a playlist.

Now, when I run a search the songs cannot be highlighted or right clicked (so they cannot all be added to a playlist) and if I left click, it takes me away from the search results to the album that the particular song is from.

Please can someone explain how I can create playlists (in this case a Christmas one) by running a search and highlighting all the resulting songs.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 5:34 AM

View > Show Filter Field, and enter "Christmas." Make sure you are in Songs view (View > As Songs).

3 replies

How to search all songs for e.g. 'Christmas' in their album or song name and put all the results in to a playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.