Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Fall Detection

I purchased my Apple Watch because of their claim that the watch can detect falls. Since my purchase, I’ve experience five traumatic falls, which one resulted in a hospital visit for a head injury. No one time did my watch, detect any of the falls. I am very concerned that I wasted my money I have all settings set to detect any fall.

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 9:35 AM

If your Apple Watch detects that you're moving, it waits for you to respond to the alert and won't automatically call emergency services. If your watch detects that you've been immobile for about a minute, it will make the call automatically.

Use Fall Detection with Apple Watch - Apple Support

If that describes your falls and you are concerned then reach out to Apple Support directly. You should be able to reach them here 

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers 

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2022 9:35 AM in response to Terold

If your Apple Watch detects that you're moving, it waits for you to respond to the alert and won't automatically call emergency services. If your watch detects that you've been immobile for about a minute, it will make the call automatically.

Use Fall Detection with Apple Watch - Apple Support

If that describes your falls and you are concerned then reach out to Apple Support directly. You should be able to reach them here 

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers 

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Apple Watch Fall Detection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.