Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot my Apple ID and iPhone is locked

My phone is block with apple id I forget my I I'd can you help for me

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 7:58 AM

You are encountering the Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support feature. Activation Lock is designed to prevent anyone else from using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if it's ever lost or stolen. Deactivation requires knowing the Apple ID and password that set them, or placing a special request to Apple to reset the device.

Click on this link to learn how to remove Activation Lock --> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

If you do not know the required information and you are not the original owner, get the owner of the account to remove the lock, or return the device for a refund, or recycle the device. The device is otherwise useless to you. If the owner is unknown and has not provided contact information as a message showing in the login screen, there is no way to contact the owner unless the person who gave you the device knows them.

Here are additional resources if you are the original owner or can find the original owner:

Help with a lost Apple ID or password:

• For help with a forgotten Apple ID (this is likely an active email address or one used in the past), click here --> If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support

• For help with a forgotten Apple ID password, click here --> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Reset device:

Apple can completely reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. This is done online at: Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not provide details in the article as to what is acceptable proof. Prior to this official service Apple typically required the original receipt* issued by Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller and documented provenance (so typically it would be the original owner who does this, or a descendant with legal proof of ownership).

*Apple recommends you keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device. --> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2022 7:58 AM in response to Rajpo

You are encountering the Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support feature. Activation Lock is designed to prevent anyone else from using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if it's ever lost or stolen. Deactivation requires knowing the Apple ID and password that set them, or placing a special request to Apple to reset the device.

Click on this link to learn how to remove Activation Lock --> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

If you do not know the required information and you are not the original owner, get the owner of the account to remove the lock, or return the device for a refund, or recycle the device. The device is otherwise useless to you. If the owner is unknown and has not provided contact information as a message showing in the login screen, there is no way to contact the owner unless the person who gave you the device knows them.

Here are additional resources if you are the original owner or can find the original owner:

Help with a lost Apple ID or password:

• For help with a forgotten Apple ID (this is likely an active email address or one used in the past), click here --> If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support

• For help with a forgotten Apple ID password, click here --> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Reset device:

Apple can completely reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. This is done online at: Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not provide details in the article as to what is acceptable proof. Prior to this official service Apple typically required the original receipt* issued by Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller and documented provenance (so typically it would be the original owner who does this, or a descendant with legal proof of ownership).

*Apple recommends you keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device. --> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device - Apple Support

Forgot my Apple ID and iPhone is locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.