Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music stops after 10 seconds

Trying to play music using the music on my mac mini M1. Every time I start a song it plays for around 10 seconds. I have a bose speaker which works with either bluetooth or direct cable connect, (attached to the headphone port). I've tried both and the same thing happens. I tried with my sonos speaker and same thing. I then tried the "speakers" on the mac mini, it evens stops using its own speaker.

I was hoping that the 13.1 update would correct this but, no luck. I pay apple good money to listen to my music and I can't get it to work. Help me please.

Mac mini, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 1:47 PM

I used the Airplay button, , within the Music app. Apparently this Airplay setting in the Music app over rules the audio output settings in the OS System Settings. I had played some music from the music app on the mini through an Airplay connection to my TV. Today, when I wanted to listen through my wired external speakers, the music app was trying to play through the TV and couldn't make the connection since the TV was powered off. It would play about nine seconds through the wired connection while trying to connect to the TV through Airplay. Audio was working fine to the external speakers such as YouTube videos in Safari, but the Airplay setting in the music app was trying to connect to the TV. I picked up on this by noticing some text display at the lower left of the music window when I would start a song. The text stated something about connecting to Airplay, and would then disappear when the sound would cut out through the external speakers.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2022 1:47 PM in response to rodd

I used the Airplay button, , within the Music app. Apparently this Airplay setting in the Music app over rules the audio output settings in the OS System Settings. I had played some music from the music app on the mini through an Airplay connection to my TV. Today, when I wanted to listen through my wired external speakers, the music app was trying to play through the TV and couldn't make the connection since the TV was powered off. It would play about nine seconds through the wired connection while trying to connect to the TV through Airplay. Audio was working fine to the external speakers such as YouTube videos in Safari, but the Airplay setting in the music app was trying to connect to the TV. I picked up on this by noticing some text display at the lower left of the music window when I would start a song. The text stated something about connecting to Airplay, and would then disappear when the sound would cut out through the external speakers.

music stops after 10 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.