Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple pencil pressure problem

been having this problem for several days now about my apple pen (gen 1) pressure problem. i’ve tried everything such as changing the nib and recharging to 100 percent. as you can see in the video, it only responds to the pencil if i press semi hard but there’s no pressure sensitivity, yet reacts no problem with my finger making light strokes. i just want to know if it’s my ipads problem or the pencil so i don’t waste money

https://youtu.be/L4_vhfvQNIE

iPad (10th gen) WiFi

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 3:36 PM

Pressure is sensed by the Pencil itself - not the iPad. As such, if pressure sensitivity is an issue, the fault lies with the Pencil.

Ensure that the user-replaceable Pencil tip is snugly screwed into position; when fitted correctly you should see a tiny gap, of about the thickness of a sheet of paper, between the tip and pencil body. If slightly loosened, or overtightened, the Pencil may not work properly, if at all.

If you need assistance, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will be able to test and assess your iPad and Pencil:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2022 3:36 PM in response to camirisager

Pressure is sensed by the Pencil itself - not the iPad. As such, if pressure sensitivity is an issue, the fault lies with the Pencil.

Ensure that the user-replaceable Pencil tip is snugly screwed into position; when fitted correctly you should see a tiny gap, of about the thickness of a sheet of paper, between the tip and pencil body. If slightly loosened, or overtightened, the Pencil may not work properly, if at all.

If you need assistance, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will be able to test and assess your iPad and Pencil:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Dec 14, 2022 1:55 PM in response to camirisager

Time to use the “Support” link, in the top black menu bar, at the upper right hand corner of every Apple Support Community Webpage to attempt to schedule an appointment with your nearest Apple Store location, bring both your iPad and Pencil for diagnosis.

Apple Store employees will be glad to help/assist you.

Best of Luck to You!

Apple pencil pressure problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.